Tuesday, March 4, 2014

EQUINE AND WILDART EXHIBITION

The Old Post Office Gallery at Seymour, where my work is represented in Australia, hosts a wonderful annual group art show featuring wildlife. This year, they incorporated equine art as well. The show opened on Sunday and was well attended. Time and again I heard the same comments, 'What a wonderful show!" and it was. It is so refreshing for me as an artist with a passion for these two genres to see such a lovely collection of this art and they worked in well together. If you are passing Seymour, it is well worth stopping in and taking a look. I have four originals in the show as well as some prints.

'Ticked off!' is one of the originals done in oil. I saw this magnificent male giraffe in Tanzania where he had a line-up of tick birds along his neck. After a while, he got annoyed with all the pecking and shooed them off!


'Ticked off!'  24" x 18"

No comments:

Post a Comment