Monday, December 2, 2013

'Z' … and we are finished!!

We have come to the end of our ABC challenge, so this week sees us with the letter 'Z' as our inspiration. I have had a very sad week with family circumstances, so found it very therapeutic to sit in the studio today and paint my gorgeous dog 'Zuri' as my final piece for the challenge. I adopted Zuri at the age of two from the Greyhound Adoption Program and have enjoyed every moment of our companionship, he is a truly wonderful dog and is a very gentle and affectionate soul. After photographing the painting and looking at it as a thumbnail, I really didn't like the light bluish/grey part of the background and have since blended it so that it is not so noticeable but here it is in the original format.

       
                               "Zuri"  8" x 14" oil on gessoed board

No comments:

Post a Comment