Wednesday, October 9, 2013

WEEKEND WORKSHOP

The workshop conducted in my studio on the weekend was very successful, with four students tackling two different equine subjects in oil. The theme for the weekend was "painting a horse's personality". The images I had chosen were of a racehorse, fresh off the course after a brilliant win and the second day saw us capture a different personality in a quiet Clydesdale stallion ambling along in warm morning light. All students worked very hard and had excellent results. I thank them wholeheartedly for putting in the time and effort to attend and achieving so much. I also demonstrated some colour mixing and painting techniques and here is my demo piece which I am also using for this weeks ABC challenge 'Stallion' since the letter 'S' is our inspiration letter. 
Here also, are two great photos of the workshop in progress taken by Bea Anderson, thank you for sending in Bea.








No comments:

Post a Comment