Sunday, June 23, 2013

ARTIST-IN-RESIDENCE AT THE NATIONAL MUSEUM OF WILDLIFE ART

In just under 2 weeks I fly out to Jackson, Wyoming where I will be Artist-in-residence at the National Museum of Wildlife Art for the second week of July. I am very excited to be part of their education program and am looking forward to meeting the many visitors that pass through the museum and to share my art process with them. I have chosen to take my pencil work for a few reasons. The main one being that it is my first love in the media that I use for it's simplicity but in saying that, the hidden challenge is to produce a piece of fine art from just pencil and paper. Secondly, it can be the basis of any other media you choose to use by sketching out your ideas first before you embark on investing your time and effort on your original. Pencil work also aids us in the process of establishing values which is one of the key elements of any artwork. I have a great love for the western United States and look forward to getting out in to the wild and getting a dose of some magnificent wildlife. I love large animals and the bison is one of my favourites. This piece is one that I will be taking with me, it's 9" x 13" it's called 'Looking west'.




No comments:

Post a Comment