Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Man from Snowy River Festival

This time of year always sees me travel to the High Country for the weekend of the Man from Snowy River Festival. It is a great few days where the town of Corryong embraces the wonderful poem written by Banjo Patterson with many events and attractions. I enter the art show and demonstrate for a couple of days, enjoying the interaction with the public which makes a nice change from working in solitude in the studio. As a horse painter, it is an ideal show to display my work and to see many other equine paintings grace the hall. I receive many lovely comments about my work and I sincerely thank all the people who take the time to stop by and have a chat, I really appreciate the feedback. I was honoured again to receive a second prize for my painting 'Winter Sun'... that's three shows for three awards, yay!

"...On a dim and distant hillside the wild horses racing yet,
With the man from Snowy River at their heels..."


No comments:

Post a Comment