Monday, April 1, 2013

AWARDS!

Following in the aftermath of my last blog, I have just entered my second art show for the year and by doing so have put my work out there to be judged by 'the judge' and the public. I was honoured to receive not one but two 'highly commended' awards in two different sections of the show. There was over 850 pieces of art hanging and so I am very pleased to have had artwork selected for awards. It is always encouraging to be recognised in a positive way and wonderful to get feedback from a different perspective, another reason to put your art 'out there' for comment. On the other hand, I had a couple of friends go along to the opening night and their feedback was also very valuable to me, in that they both felt I had made a poor choice in one of my frames on another painting to which I agreed and will change it when it returns home. Again, great to get outside opinions to help you along the way!

 'Brush of red' 10" x 12" oil on canvas, 'Highly commended' at Bright Autumn           Art Show 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment