Thursday, January 3, 2013

BORDER COLLIE - 'Gus'

The commissioned portrait of 'Gus' is finished and was collected in time for a Christmas gift. After sending through the underpainting image, the client was extremely happy with the dog but requested a few changes to the background. She was understandably concerned about the redness of the foreground, which I explained would be mostly covered in the finished work, also the image was indeed redder than the original. She also asked for more sky to be showing which I had already corrected myself to balance the background. When the client collected the painting, she became quite teary and said that I had really captured a true likeness in the dog as he holds a very special place in their hearts. I was so delighted to see her response and is one of the most rewarding parts of what I do.
Here is the finished painting of 'Gus', 12" x 10".



No comments:

Post a Comment