Sunday, April 22, 2012


LIGHT HORSEMAN

 The gallery that represents my work locally, the Old Post Office Gallery in Seymour, has a current exhibition that was connected to the Victorian Military Heritage celebration weekend in early April. Artists could choose to be involved with the theme for the duration of this exhibition. I had some good reference taken a while ago of some Light horseman on parade and with horses being one of my favourite subjects to paint, I jumped at the chance to portray this wonderful part of our history. The rider and horse were quite strong in the composition with the detail and the light, so I chose to subdue the background but carefully chose the colours to represent aspects of the subject. Between the peaceful blue of the sky and the Australian green, I put in the reddish colour to represent the dust and turmoil of Beersheba. The end result was 'In Great Respect'.

No comments:

Post a Comment